The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for Western Economic Diversification Canada and MLA Scott Johnston announced the Manitoba Aerospace Fund (MAF) on October 10, 2018. Western Economic Diversification Canada and the Province of Manitoba collaboratively developed MAF to support the business productivity and growth of Manitoba Aerospace SMEs.
MAF made available $1.6M to qualifying SMEs in support of projects that will create economic growth, including the creation/maintenance of jobs and higher export revenues.
The MAF Program Management Committee reviewed all of the applicants and their proposals and selected the following projects to receive funding:
- Advanced Composite Structures: Design Approval Organization Accreditation
- Aero Recip: Integrate Industry 4.0 Technologies
- Micropilot: Certifiable Software Enhancement for Unmanned Aerial Systems
- Fast Air: Expand Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul Services
- Canadian Propeller: Product Commercialization, Productivity Improvement and Market Expansion
- Precision ADM: Qualification of DMLS AM for Aerospace and Defense
For more information, please contact MAF@compositesinnovation.ca