CIC develops composite part designs, partnering with you through each step of the process – from conceptual models, to prototype parts, to production ready components. Projects include design of new composite parts, conversion of metallic components to composite construction, and optimization of existing composite laminates. CIC’s designs are developed by minimizing weight and cost while increasing performance, and are always created with the manufacturing process in mind.
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) modeling and drafting
- Create 3D CAD models & drawings of both composite and metallic parts and assemblies using NX 7.5
- Material and process selection
- CIC has an extensive material property database of reinforcements, resins, and cores
- Laminate schedule development and optimization
- Using CompositePro and other in-house analysis tools, CIC develops and optimizes laminate schedules based on weight, cost, performance, and production targets.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of composite structures
- NX 7.5 Advanced Simulation software is used to perform multiple mechanical/structural, modal, and thermal analysis iterations to avoid costly physical testing and prototyping
- Ply draping simulation
- Produces a flat pattern for production with the location for required darts and splices marked on the fabric
- Tooling design
- Plug and mould design for hand, RTM, RTM lite, and infusion manufacturing processes
- Joining and bonding
- Mechanical joining and adhesive bonding solutions for composite/composite and composite/metal joints
- Failure analysis and repair
- Analysis of composite part failures and recommendation of design changes and repair procedures
- Design for manufacture
- All parts are designed to minimize the time and cost of manufacturing
- Cost/feasibility analysis
For a full review of how our design services, tools and processes can work for you and your organization, please contact us.